Things You Might Need to Throw Away
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the amount of clutter in your home? Are you tired of tripping over things and never being able to find anything? If so, it’s time to declutter! But where to start? Start with the 20 items on this list! By getting rid of these items, you will be able to create more space and live a more organized life.
- Old Magazines and Newspapers – Keeping old magazines and newspapers can take up valuable space in your home. Consider recycling these items or taking them to a thrift store.
- Clothes You Don’t Wear – If you haven’t worn an item of clothing in over a year, it’s time to say goodbye! When donating clothes, make sure they are in good condition so that someone else can enjoy them.
- Broken Items – We all have broken items lying around the house – from small appliances that no longer work to items of furniture with missing parts. Throw out these broken items and make room for something new!
- Duplicate Items – Do you have multiple sets of plates, mugs, or bowls? Consider getting rid of the excess and keeping only one set.
- Old Shoes – We all have old shoes that we no longer wear. Instead of letting them take up room in your closet, donate them to a charity or thrift store!
- Unused Kitchen Gadgets – Do you have kitchen gadgets that you never use? Stop wasting space on these items and throw them away today!
- Expired Food Items – Clean out your pantry every few months and throw away expired food items. This will help keep your kitchen tidy and organized.
- Single Socks – It’s time to say goodbye to those single socks from years ago! Most likely, you will never find the matching pair, so it’s time to toss them.
- Unused Toys – Do your children have toys that they no longer play with? Donate these items to a local charity or give them away to friends and family who may need them.
- Old Books – If you haven’t read a book in years, it’s time to donate it! Consider taking your books to a local library or donating them online.
- Greeting Cards – Don’t let old greeting cards take up space in your home – recycle them instead!
- Stained Towels – Throw away any old and stained towels that are taking up space in your bathroom.
- Unused Electronics – Do you have electronics sitting around the house that you never use? Donate them to a local charity or recycling center.
- Old Sheets and Blankets – If you haven’t used an item of bedding in years, it’s time to say goodbye! Consider donating these items to a homeless shelter or animal rescue organization.
- Broken Jewelry – Get rid of broken jewelry – either by repairing it or throwing it out altogether.
- Unused Remote Controls – Do you have a drawer full of old remote controls? Consider getting rid of these items and simplifying your life.
- Expired Medicine – It’s important to keep track of the expiration dates on medicine, as they can be dangerous if taken after their expiration date. Throw away any expired medications.
- Old Spice Jars – Do you have a bunch of old spice jars that are no longer in use? Donate them to a local food bank or soup kitchen.
- Broken Furniture – If an item of furniture is broken beyond repair, it’s time to throw it out! Consider donating usable items of furniture to those in need.
- Unused Office Supplies – Do you have a drawer full of unused office supplies? Recycle these items and create more space in your home or office.
The goal is not to have a perfect house. The goal is to feel good in your home. A decluttered space will help you achieve that. So today, get rid of 20 things that are cluttering up your life and your home. You’ll be glad you did!