Your A to Z Summer Bucket List
What do you have planned for the summer? Will you be taking a vacation? Staying close to home? No matter what you have on the calendar this summer, it can be lots of fun to create a “summer bucket list” – a list with some fun activities you might want to do during the peak of summer.
A bucket list is great for those times when you’re not sure what you want to do or when you’re feeling a bit bored – and this list has some ideas to make everyone happy!
- Attend a baseball game: Yes! Bring on the Cracker Jacks!
- Books: Summer reading may be the best reading! Take some time to enjoy a good book on your balcony or just sit on a blanket in the grass.
- Craft shows: Check your local area for a craft show (or two), and go check out all that they have to offer.
- Dine outside: Whether you head to your favorite local restaurant with outside dining or grab some sandwiches and have a picnic – having a meal outside is fabulous.
- Explore someplace new: You don’t need to go far to explore someplace new. Open a map and choose a new town or city to check out.
- Fishing: Grab the poles and go fishing at a local lake or pond.
- Gaze at the stars: Pick a clear night and spend some time looking at the stars. See what constellations you can identify.
- Hiking: Hiking is a great way to get out and enjoy nature!
- Invite your neighbors over for some margaritas: (And chips and salsa, of course!)
- Jump in a pool: When a hot day hits, find a pool and jump in! It’s a great way to cool off!
- Kick back and relax: Sometimes you don’t need to do anything to enjoy summer!
- Local farmers’ market: Head to your local farmers’ market and pick up everything you need for a delicious meal.
- Mini golf is always a fun time: And a great way to show your competitive side!
- New hobby: Have you been wanting to try a new hobby? Then do it! Stand-up paddleboarding, anyone?
- Outdoor movie night: Check for a local outdoor movie night and go enjoy!
- Pick some berries: Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries! Yum!
- Quiet: Enjoy the peace and quiet. Whether it be at a favorite spot off the beaten path or sitting on your balcony, enjoy the sounds of summer by staying quiet and just listening.
- Road trip: Pick a destination and take a road trip for the day!
- Soft-serve ice cream is a summertime favorite: Instead of dinner, head to your favorite ice cream stand and grab a big cone!
- Take some photos: You don’t have to be a professional photographer to enjoy taking photos! Grab your phone and snap away!
- Ultimate BBQ: Have your friends over for the ultimate BBQ!
- Visit a festival: Is there a jazz festival or food festival taking place? Then go! Festivals are a must-do activity for summer!
- Watch the sunset: So simple, but so beautiful!
- Xtra sleep: Need to catch up on some rest? That’s okay, too! Nothing wrong with sleeping in!
- Yucatan Sour: Learn to make this delicious cocktail that tastes like summer!
- Zero money day: Plan a day where you spend zero money. This might mean seeking out free events or packing a picnic from the food you already have – but get creative and don’t spend a dime.
This summer, use this bucket list to plan all of your fun activities! You’ll love the variety of things to do and how they’ll have you enjoying summer to the fullest!