All Things Ice Cream
“I have the best memories as a kid of eating ice cream. It was a family tradition that I had with my father. It was nice.” – Michael Strahan
No matter if you’re looking to create some great memories with your children or you just love ice cream yourself, don’t let this summer pass you by without tasting some delicious ice cream treats.
Easy Homemade Ice Creams
Of course, you probably have some great local ice cream shops that can satisfy your ice cream cravings, but why not try making some at home. It’s not too difficult, and here are some recipes that don’t even require an ice cream machine.
- No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream: Some people may think that vanilla ice cream is quite boring, but a really delicious vanilla ice cream can be the base for many ice cream desserts. This no-churn vanilla ice cream comes together quickly and will be set up within a few hours.
- No-Churn S’mores Ice Cream: Who wouldn’t want to combine two of summer’s quintessential summertime treats into one? This no-churn s’mores ice cream has all the tasty ingredients of a s’more rolled into a flavorful ice cream. Let your kids in on the action and help with combining all of the ingredients!
- Unicorn Ice Cream: Unicorns are all the rage – so it makes sense that there is a unicorn ice cream. It has a great vanilla flavor, but some bright and vibrant colors and don’t forget the sprinkles! Kids will love this one!
- No-Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel Ice Cream: Sweet and salty come together in this heavenly no-churn ice cream. You’ll love this combo!
Homemade Ice Cream Toppings
Setting up an ice cream sundae bar can be lots of fun during the warm weather. Invite some neighbors over and let everyone go crazy as they put together their own creations. If you want to impress your guests – try making some of these homemade toppings.
- Rich Hot Fudge Sauce: Hot fudge sundaes are a classic dessert and a summertime favorite. With just a little bit of effort, you can create your very own hot fudge sauce that tastes better than anything you’d purchase at the grocery store.
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce: Fresh fruit on ice cream is always yummy, and this fresh strawberry sauce is no different. This sauce is excellent as it can be used on yogurt or oatmeal, too!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping: In a world full of hot fudge or caramel sauce, this peanut butter topping is unexpected and tastes amazing. If you like things a little crunchy, be sure to add some additional peanuts!
If you’re setting up an ice cream sundae bar as part of your summer memory making – then you’ll definitely want some additional toppings. Here are a few that you might like:
- Chopped candy bars
- Whipped cream
- Crumbled cookies
- Dried coconut
When the weather gets hot, let ice cream be your friend! Try making some of these homemade ice cream and toppings and then have fun creating your ice cream sundae masterpiece! Be sure to invite a few neighbors who might also want to cool off with a treat!