Feeling a Little Stir Crazy? Check Out These Things
Raise your hand if you’re feeling a little stir crazy? That’s a lot of hands! And it’s completely understandable. These unique times and unique conditions have everyone learning to live a new normal – at least for the time being.
But, just because you’re spending more time at home, it doesn’t mean you have to binge-watch every new show that Netflix throws at you – Tiger King excluded, of course! There are lots of other things you can check out, explore, and do from the comfort of your home. Take a look at these things.
- Podcasts: If you’ve binged just about everything there is on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, then move onto some podcasts. Head to Stitcher.com and check out what’s currently in the top 100. You’ll find podcasts that cover politics, true crime, today’s news, or ones that are just there to make you laugh.
- Enroll in Online Courses: If you have some free time, this might be a great time to take some online courses – either free ones or ones that you’ll have to pay for. Websites such as Coursera, edX, and Udemy are great places to start your search for a class that interests you.
- Exercise: You may not be able to head to the gym at the moment, but that doesn’t mean that your fitness routine has to go out the window – you just may need to switch it up. Here are some websites and YouTube Channels to help you find a workout:
- Learn to Cook or Bake: If you’re going to be eating at home, why not make it delicious? If cooking is not your thing, maybe this is the time to learn. And, if you enjoy cooking, this could be the time to expand your repertoire or try something a bit more advanced.
- Meditation: This might be the ideal time to bring a little calmness to your life. Even if you’ve never meditated before – now’s the time to try it. Apps such as Zen, Calm, and Meditopia can guide you through the whole meditation process.
- Connect with Friends and Family: Now’s the time to stop texting and use the technology available to you to reach out to your friends and family. Set up a Zoom “meeting” or Houseparty “gathering” and chat with your family. Or, set up a virtual happy hour with your friends from work that you miss dearly.
- Play Games with Friends: There are lots of games you can play with friends – even when you’re not in the same room. And they’ll still bring plenty of laughs! Here are a few popular ones:
- Virtual Tours: If you feel the need to explore someplace new, but can’t really go anywhere – then take a virtual tour. There are tours that can take you to some of the most fantastic places around the globe. The Guggenheim, Blarney Castle, and more are just a few clicks away.
- Try Coloring: You can even color online nowadays. Take a look at Just Color and Free Mandalas. And if you’d like to get out your markers or colored pencils and really color, then head to Pinterest. Their selection is neverending!
- Read and Join an Online Book Club: You probably have a book or two that you want to read – so do it! But then take it a step further and share your thoughts by joining an online book club. There are several available, and you’re sure to find one that matches your interests.
Don’t let being at home bring down your mood. Seek out new activities and try new things to help pass the time!